A Simple Question: Serviceable Tractor Supply Truck Tool Boxes or Sexy DECKED?
You work your tush off to earn a living, and you need the tools to support productivity like any industrious individual. Storing tools and equipment for your business is necessary in many cases, so you need to find tool boxes that will help you achieve your goal. One place to start searching is for serviceable Tractor Supply truck tool boxes. Another is to find out what sexy DECKED can give you in this area.
Tractor Supply tool boxes come in many shapes for different vehicles or home use. You have the types of tool boxes at Tractor Supply suitable for workshops, DIY home use, and Tractor Supply pickup tool boxes.
This company either makes its products or stocks other branded tool boxes. When you stock such a diverse range of products, you can expect a variety of sizes, qualities, prices, and designs.
DECKED makes its Tool Box a permanent fixture (no-drill installation) for your pickup truck bed. It also makes the DECKED Drawer System. When you combine these two products, you mean business.
But before covering DECKED products, we’ll give you a brief overview of the truck tool boxes at Tractor Supply and some background about this company. Once you have the facts, you’re in a better position to see how DECKED outperforms these Tractor Supply truck bed tool boxes with its retooled Tool Box.
Who Makes Tractor Supply Truck Tool Boxes?
The Tractor Supply Company started in 1938 by creating a chain of retail stores in America. They aimed to support the agricultural sector and provide products for home improvement.
Since 1938, the company has grown its headquarters in Brentwood, Tennessee, to include 1923 locations. Some of these locations include subsidiary companies like LP, Petsense, Tractor Supply Co. of Texas, TSC Purchasing LLC, and others.
As with many startups, they grew, became profitable, and sold their business to National Industries in 1969. National Industries then sold the company to Fuqua Industries in 1978, which answers who makes Tractor Supply tool boxes.
Tractor Supply has grown significantly during the past eight decades, stocking multiple product lines and expanding its growth to meet customer demands. Now, Tractor Supply company tool boxes fans can get just about any style of tool boxes and other home improvements items in-store or online.
What To Expect From Truck Tool Boxes Tractor Supply
Here’s some ideas of the tool boxes for trucks Tractor Supply that may get your blood racing (until you learn more about the DECKED Tool Box, of course). First, we’ll look at the Tractor Supply tool boxes for trucks in the 70-inch range as the DECKED Tool Box measures 76”x22”x20.53” (L,W,H). After that, we’ll examine trailer tool boxes and round off this exploration with details of the DECKED Tool Box.
1. 71 in. Full Size Slim Truck Box, Matte Black, 79217154
This tool boxes Tractor Supply example is made from aluminum and fits a full-size truck, protecting your equipment. You can lock the box on either side, and it includes additional security latches made using a two-stage rotary automotive grade material.
Additional features for this product include:
- A one-piece, solidly constructed aluminum truck box
- Use of weather-resistant seals
- Adjustable strikers
- Lid with auto-lift shocks to enable one-hand use
- Pull handle latches manufactured from stainless steel.
- Powder coat finish in matte black.
- Capacity 6.5 cu. ft. (approximately 406 pounds)
- Dimensions – 71”x13.5”x12” (L,W,H)
- Tractor Supply tool boxes prices are affordable, mainly due to the use of diamond plate aluminum. This product sells for under $350.
- Locking system
- Powder coat and seals
- Stainless steel handles
- Aluminum is prone to dents and dings.
- Despite the description of being a solid, one-piece construction, aluminum fabrication means shaping, heating, and cutting this metal, which contains joins Joins weaken metal structures, making them susceptible to weathering and decreasing their waterproofing capabilities
- It only has one compartment
- Product is imported
- Only available for in-store purchase
- Need to drillinto the pickup truck bed to secure these tool boxes in place
Unfortunately, no Tractor Supply tool boxes reviews were available to give you any further information on their experience of purchasing this product.
2. Low Profile Full-Size Single Lid Truck Box, Black, DZ 8170TSCLTB
This low profile range of Tractor Supply tool boxes trucks measures 69-3/4”x20x12-3/16 (L,W,H) and sells for under $380. As with the previous model, you can install this product on your full-size pickup truck and still have surface space for other cargo.
Several features of this model are similar to the previous product and include:
- Aluminum heavy-duty construction
- Low profile allowing for clear rear view window visibility
- Weather-resistant due to a semi-gloss black matte finish
- The foam gasket is in a closed-cell foam form
- High-quality locks and latches
- It has a load capacity of 8 cu.ft (approximately 500 pounds)
- Crossover style
- Suitable for in and outdoor use
- Large storage capacity
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Aluminum is soft and can easily dent and scratch
- Fabrication of metal causes weak joins that result in a lack of waterproofing
- Imported product
- One compartment limits storage organization
- You have to drill through your truck bed to install this product
Overall, this is a basic product that had not attracted any Tractor Supply truck tool boxes reviews at the date of writing this article.
3. Topside Truck Box, 72 in.
This topside product is quite different from the other two Tractor Supply company truck tool boxes as it opens from the side rather than the top. As a result, some regard it as ideal for storing long equipment. If you purchase this product, your truck bed may be clear for storing other items, but having to open the doors will limit this space.
Instead of using diamond-plated aluminum for this product, it is made from steel. Other features include:
- 9.4 cu. ft. of storage space, which is approximately 587 pounds
- Features a locking system with three points, heavy-duty hinges, and body and door reinforcements for added security
- Doors lock at the top and either side with a stainless-steel rotating T-handle that improves the security and strength of the structure.
- It also features extra-strength piano hinges at full length for a robust container.
- Measurements are 72”x12”x16” (L,W,H)
- Large storage capacity
- Steel structure increases the durability of these tool boxes
- Large doors make it easy to store long items
- Weather and waterproofing provided by weather-stripping seals and galvanized steel
- T-handles are leak-proof
- You receive the mounting kit, hardware, and heavy-duty legs when you place an order for this product
- You only receive a limited one-year warranty.
- Shipping is added to the selling price of approximately $450
- Difficulty accessing equipment from this type of container
- Unfortunately, this is not a no-drill installation process, so you will have to make holes in the truck to secure this item.
Many people will find this product useful, while others will consider it too bulky to install on their truck bed. The fact that the doors open from the front rather than the top also makes it difficult to reach the equipment you need at a job site quickly.
4. Trailer Tongue Box, TB461814
Trailer tool boxes at Tractor Supply are handy for when you don’t have space on your truck bed and need more storage options. Of course, if you install the DECKED tub and Drawer System, you’ll still be able to use this tongue box in a trailer for extra storage. On top of these solutions, you also have the tie-downs in the base of the DECKED tub to secure cargo on the surface of your pickup truck.
Several features that you can look forward to with this trailer tongue box are:
- Weather-resistant double-wall lockable lid that is also tamper-resistant
- One hand closure
- Gas shocks for dual dampening
- Effortless lift paddle handle style
- Aluminum lid and steel body
- Dimensions are 46-3/8”
- It fits most frame trailers
- Durable steel and aluminum combo
- The weather seal is form-fitting for tool protection
- Storage capacity is up to 5.3 cu. ft. (approximately 330 pounds)
- Security is in the form of a locking system for which you receive two keys (one spare)
- Handy if you don’t have a pickup truck
- Uses available trailer bar space economically
- You need to use ANSI-approved safety goggles and sturdy gloves to install this product
- No warranty available
- You can pay about $30 for a protection plan to cover potential damage in the absence of a product warranty.
- It is not always practical to hitch a trailer to carry your work tools with you.
If you don’t want to buy this or any other new products, you can always look for truck tool boxes for sale Tractor Supply. However, we strongly recommend you consider the DECKED Tool Box before you do that.
DECKED Tool Box – The Features, Pros, and Cons
Far from being simply serviceable, the DECKED product line is both practical, cleverly designed, and sexy. Here you won’t find the standard diamond plate aluminum that is much softer than steel and less durable than high-impact polyethylene (HDPE) plastic at the robust industrial-grade quality.
DECKED is where you find a storage solution that helps you streamline your organization. It is the retooled Tool Box of the century that outweighs anything that has come before.
Delve deep into the features, pros, and cons of the DECKED Tool Boxso that you can finally put your mind to rest that no pickup tool boxes Tractor Supply can compare with:
- Manufactured from HDPE – the cockroach of plastics which not even nuclear explosions can destroy
- Seamless injection molding single construction
- Torsion spring lid opening
- Organization accessories that encourage organizational envy
- Sexy black matte look with a glimmer of shine
- Full 200-pound load capacity
- Built like Fort Knox
- Created to outlast you and your pickup truck
- Steel and aluminum reinforced lid
- Rain gutter
- Exceptional waterproofing and weatherproofing features
- Optional integrated ladder
- The tub is theft-proof when the lid is closed on your pickup truck.
- It’s nearly impossible to gain access to your gear due to the rain-gutter, lid/tub interface design, and armor locking system.
- The armor locking system is on the driver’s side, so you remember to secure the tub.
- Steel and aluminum lid reinforcements ensure the tub keeps its structure and keeps thieves at bay.
- HDPE industrial-grade plastic will never rust, and injection molding means there are no weak points for weather damage or break-in attempts
- Galvanized steel and treated hardware components and lid seals ensure your equipment stays dry and dust-free
- DECKED accessories make the most of modular storage in the tub under the free D-Box, and you can pack quick access tools in the free Snack Tray
- Because the tub has inbuilt tie-downs, carrying extra loads on the truck bed surface is conveniently simple.
- There is still space to store longer items underneath the D-Box.
- Easy opening lid with gas struts means easy opening and closing benefit and no finger and hand injuries.
- No-drill installation takes two minutes and ensures you don’t mess around with your truck bed or vehicle value.
- An optional integrated ladder ensures quick, ergonomic tool access from the side of the pickup truck. This benefit also equates to greater productivity and less stress on your back from getting on the truck bed to retrieve equipment.
- Highly affordable
- Free shipping
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Access to finance
- The DECKED tub does not fit all makes and models of pickup trucks. Check the site before making your purchase.
Buy Your Sexy DECKED Tool Box Today
Now that we’ve covered the Tractor Supply tool boxes, we trust that you appreciate the benefits of the durable DECKED Tool Box.
Go through our FAQssection to learn more about DECKED, or read our blog section for more information about the DECKED experience.
After you’re done exploring, place your orderfor products that are sexy, are made from future materials, and that will outlast granddads' tool boxes.
National Industries then sold the company to Fuqua Industries in 1978, which answers who makes Tractor Supply tool boxes. Tractor Supply has grown significantly during the past eight decades, stocking multiple product lines and expanding its growth to meet customer demands.Will decked work with a toolbox? ›
Are DECKED products compatible with a side mount toolbox? The Tool Box and CargoGlide are NOT compatible with side mount toolboxes. Drawer Systems are compatible with certain side mount toolboxes that clamp to the bed rail and do not require modifying your Drawer System.Are truck toolboxes worth it? ›
Truck toolboxes are heavy, resistant to tampering, and designed to fit in the bed of your truck. A potential thief may break a car window, but they won't be able to lift a truck tool box out of your vehicle. While they are not inexpensive, they are a sound investment.What can you put between tool box and truck bed? ›
Add Rubber or Foam Padding
Protect both the truck bed and the toolbox while making transit nice and quiet by laying down a layer of rubber or foam padding. This material is available by the roll and is easy to cut with a durable pair of scissors or a razor blade.
- 1 DEWALT TSTAK Tool Box.
- 2 Akro-Mils ProBox 14-Inch Plastic Toolbox.
- 3 Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Portable Chest Toolbox.
- 4 GEARWRENCH 20″ 3 Drawer Steel Tool Box.
- 5 Stalwart Contractor Grade Tool Box.
- 6 Anyyion 16.5-Inch Toolbox with Removable Tray.
It's the best low cost, no drill option you can get that looks great on your truck but is actually useful. The main reason for this is the fact that the DECKED will decrease your truck bed depth by 12 inches, meaning that anything taller than a moving box or bin will be prone to tipping over.Is DECKED storage worth it? ›
In short: The DECKED drawer system is durable, solid, and reliable. After an extensive but logical assembly process, they result in a great-fitting, perfectly functional drawer bed system that will hold up to serious abuse.Does DECKED work with bed liner? ›
We designed the DECKED system with the spray-in bed liners in mind and have taken into account the normal additional volume and created enough lateral space to accomodate your spray-in liner. DECKED also works with a Bed Rug mat but it will be a very snug fit and initially the wheels will wear on the rug.Are plastic truck tool boxes good? ›
Steel tool boxes are strong and secure. They're also very heavy and prone to rust. Aluminum boxes are lightweight and won't rust, but they're more likely to dent than steel. Plastic tool boxes are inexpensive, but they're not the best quality.Who makes better built truck tool boxes? ›
Better Built has been making truck boxes, jobsite chests, and transfer tanks for more than 30 years. They are owned by WernerCo, a company better known for making aluminum ladders, based in Illinois.
Truck tool boxes do not necessarily fit all trucks. You should choose the type and form factor that makes it the most convenient for you to retrieve your tools and equipment. Regardless of the form factor you choose, most truck bed tool boxes fall into two categories: Mid-size or full-size.How do you keep tools from rusting in a truck tool box? ›
There's an easy solution, though: Once you've finished cleaning and shining them, simply drop a few pieces of chalk in your toolbox to help keep moisture to a minimum. Less moisture will mean less worry over rust.What should be in a truck toolbox? ›
Tools for Your Truck
You never know when you'll need a tool, so keeping an easily accessible toolkit in your pickup is a good idea. We recommend the toolkit include electrical tape, a socket set, pliers, wire strippers, screw drivers, zip ties, duct tape, an air pressure gauge and combination wrenches.
- Group Tools by Type and/or Function.
- Organize by Size, Shape, and Frequency of Use.
- Store Extra Tools Elsewhere.
- Choose Your Type of Storage.
- Label Sections and Tools.
- Another helpful organization tip is to add labels to the foam inserts and outside of the drawers.
Bosch is the power tool brand that has the best batteries. Not only are their cordless tools the longest-lasting, but they are also some of the most powerful options on the market.What is the number 1 tool brand? ›
|Rank||Power Tool Brand||Revenue (USD billions)|
After shattering a few with my impact, it was time for something better. These Sunex impact sockets are made in Taiwan of Cr-Mo, which is considerably stronger than Cr-V.What is the best material for a toolbox? ›
- Steel designs are the most durable of all tool box and cabinet types. ...
- Aluminum tool boxes and cabinets are popular because they are light weight, relatively durable, and have good corrosion resistance.
The drawers are weatherproof not waterproof. The Decked will keep your gear dry in the craziest of storms and even stay dry while at a car wash. However it is not completely sealed and if you hit it from the back from a low angle you may get water in there. The drawers need to breath to allow water to evaporate.How long does it take to install DECKED? ›
The DECKED instructions say solo installation is possible, however having a buddy handy is a smart idea. There are a few parts were some heavy lifting is required. The instructions are straight to the point. Installation took us about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
The two main drawers are in the center of the unit and hold 200 lbs. each. The drawers roll smoothly empty or loaded; they ride on roller blade-like wheels with quality bearings. The drawers pull out about a foot past the tailgate and have a preset stop.How secure is DECKED? ›
Yes, the Decked storage system is waterproof and lockable to keep your stuff out of sight. If you have valuable tools, this system protects them from the rain or water you splash up when out on the trails and keeps them secure behind a locked tailgate while in a locked drawer.Where is DECKED manufactured? ›
100% MADE IN USA. Introducing DECKED Defiance, Ohio. We outgrew the double-wide, then we outgrew the barn, so we went out and built a plant. We are proud to announce this next phase: an investment in our customers and our ability to grow and serve them better with better products and better service.Is DECKED dust proof? ›
Given the amount of driving I do through the desert, I'd have expected the drawers to get a ton of dust inside. I'm happy to say that there's a minimal amount of dust inside the drawers and would consider them 98% dust proof.Can you put a bed slide on top of a DECKED system? ›
The BEDSLIDE DECKED install kit allows you to reach secure mounting points on top of your DECKED. For details about this installation see the install sheet under the documents tab.Do you have to sand before bed liner? ›
Sand the Surface
If you simply apply the DIY spray on bed liner to the smooth surface of the truck, the application will not adhere properly. Instead, you should sand the surface to create a texture the liner can securely adhere to. For a new truck, this means removing the shine.
Spray-on liners provide better protection against physical and chemical damage. While the roll-on variety does offer some protection, it is less durable. If you are using your truck to haul cargo often, professional bedliner spray is well worth the investment.
The Best Truck Bed Tool Box
Secure. Waterproof. Nearly Indestructible. 100% Made in USA.
Snap-On tool boxes are very secure. Their locking drawers will keep would-be thieves away from your tools. There are optional features like rechargeable LED lights and charging stations for power tools, cell phones, and laptops.Where is Milwaukee Tool Box made? ›
Our manufacturing facilities in Greenwood, MS, Jackson, MS, and Mukwonago, WI are critical components of our global manufacturing footprint for our Power Tools, Power Tool Accessories and Hand Tool businesses. We have invested tens of millions of dollars in our domestic operations and that investment will continue.
STANLEY tool box is made in the USA with global materials.Where are UWS truck tool boxes made? ›
UWS, a Lippert brand, is a leading manufacturer and designer of USA-assembled truck tool boxes and accessories. We produce a robust line of tool boxes right at our plant in Perry, FL, offering a custom fit for virtually all pickup trucks on the road today.What size is a standard box on a truck? ›
Typically, a long bed is 8 feet long, a standard bed is 6 feet 5 inches long, and a short bed is roughly 5 feet 8 inches long. It's important to note that these are average measurements , so the exact lengths may differ by a few inches depending on the manufacturer.Does WD-40 stop tools from rusting? ›
WD-40 can Quickly Remove Rust from Metal Tools
Because WD-40 is designed to displace moisture, it will continue to offer temporary rust protection after its initial application.
WD-40 Multi-Use Product protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck parts, displaces moisture and lubricates almost anything.What can I put in my tool box to prevent rust? ›
- Keep storage clean and dry: Make sure any place you store your tools is dry and clean. ...
- Use a rust inhibitor: Lubricants like WD-40 can act as a rust inhibitor. ...
- Invest in a dehumidifier: A dehumidifier can help you better control your storage area's climate and reduce the humidity.
- Jumper cables. Because dead batteries are a fact of life. ...
- First aid kit. For minor wounds and for minimizing damage until EMTs can arrive, you need a first aid kit. ...
- Kitty litter. ...
- Spare tire and/or Slime. ...
- Jack and lug wrench. ...
- Air pump. ...
- Tire pressure gauge. ...
- A durable multitool.
- A Logbook. ...
- Oil and Water. ...
- A Secure Place for your Tools. ...
- A Spare Set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ...
- A First Aid Kit. ...
- Safety Triangles. ...
- A List of Important Phone Numbers. ...
- Drinking Water.
National Industries then sold the company to Fuqua Industries in 1978, which answers who makes Tractor Supply tool boxes. Tractor Supply has grown significantly during the past eight decades, stocking multiple product lines and expanding its growth to meet customer demands.What should I put between toolbox and truck bed? ›
Add Rubber or Foam Padding
A metal tool box can scratch a metal truck bed and be incredibly noisy as you drive over uneven ground. Protect both the truck bed and the toolbox while making transit nice and quiet by laying down a layer of rubber or foam padding.
National Industries purchases controlling interest in Tractor Supply Company.Where are Milwaukee Packout boxes made? ›
The Packout system is made in Israel—probably by Keter, which produces storage products under its own label and for Husky, Ridgid, Craftsman, and others.Who is Tractor Supply's biggest competitor? ›
- 1st. The Home Depot. ...
- 2nd. Ace Hardware. ...
- 3rd. Harbor Freight Tools. -1.
- 4th. Lowe's Home Improvement. -6.
- 5th. Tractor Supply Company. -19.
- 6th. LL Flooring. -32.
Tractor Supply also owns Del's Feed & Farm Supply, a former farm retail chain in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii, with all but two Del's stores having been converted into Tractor Supply stores.Does Tractor Supply have a sister company? ›
Tractor Supply Company also owns and operates Petsense by Tractor Supply, a small-box pet specialty supply retailer focused on meeting the needs of pet owners, primarily in small and mid-size communities, and offering a variety of pet products and services.Can you leave Milwaukee Packout in the rain? ›
The Milwaukee PACKOUT rolling tool box is constructed with impact resistant polymers, designed for harsh jobsite conditions. Featuring an IP65 rated weather seal to keep out rain and jobsite debris.Is Milwaukee made in China? ›
Milwaukee Tool has manufactured products in the USA since 1924, so they've got a rich American history.Can you sit on Milwaukee Packout? ›
The seat can be fitted to the medium sized packout box with the top hande and be carried about on the site or you could always put it on top of the rolling tool box so you have a back rest.Is snap-on made by Milwaukee? ›
|Founded||1920 Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|Founders||Joseph Johnson Bill Seidemann|
|Headquarters||Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.|
The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation is an American company that develops, manufactures, and markets power tools. It is a brand and subsidiary of Techtronic Industries.